Thursday, June 18, 2020

Pardon the Interruption

Tomorrow I want to write about THE ROOF and Juneteenth but I do want to address something beforehand.

I'm sure I've written about Warren Ellis comics and stories a lot on here. Earlier just this week, I read a draft post I never published from years ago that references his work. A few days ago, several women came forward to accuse Ellis of using his position in comics to sexually exploit young women in comics and his other media circles.

I would like to stand with the survivors coming forward with their stories of abuse. I believe them. I don't really have a platform where taking a stand like this really matters, but if society were to begin to believe and support women (and men!) coming forward about abuse they have experienced or witnessed, we could build a better world. We all have our roles to play here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and/or commenting. Anything you have to say is especially appreciated.