Tuesday, June 9, 2020

CARD

"You hand her a card..."

FRONT

I have to write my term paper and I'm so far behind but whenever I come to the computer I freeze up. It's come to the point where I hate typing so much that I've grown to dislike words. What is there to say? Words that matter... Are words matter? The thought in the wake of all this terror: give up. "I'll never talk again." If I'm using words, I should be writing about Machiavelli.

BACK

"To weigh three hundred pounds. What devout vulgarity. It seemed a worthwhile goal for prospective saints and flagellants. The new asceticism. All the visionary possibilities of the fast. To feed on the plants and animals of the earth. To expand and wallow. I cherished his size, the formlessness of it, the sheer vulgar pleasure, his sense of being overwritten prose. Somehow it was the opposite of death." Don DeLillo, End Zone


Back to THE ROOF (you may have to scroll down briefly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and/or commenting. Anything you have to say is especially appreciated.