Wednesday, July 1, 2020

"You"

This is the first one of these I think I've done that essentially includes all the lyrics of the song. It's also full of other quotes and references. I guess I felt like it was okay to have very little me in something called "You." I got tested for COVID-19 today so I'll know if I really do have it in a few days now. If you think you have symptoms and can get tested, do so. And everyone, wear a mask! It's for everyone else's protection! ("And why should I believe [protect] myself, not you?")


"Well, if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand."

"You are the sun and moon and [stripes and] stars are you," ese. "We're made of star stuff." "And I could never run away from you." Wave goodbye. "Be water, my friend." Water, water everywhere, all the faucet drips undrunk. "You try working out chaotic things." Chaotic neutral: the car slides down the hill into a crash. No bandicoots were harmed in the filming of this accident. "And why should I believe myself, not you?" My body, my truth. "It's like the world is gonna end so soon, so why should I believe myself?" Why try? What's the point? Masks only mask the inevitable. "You can't handle the truth." Better start digging. "My--" beloved, other, better half, ball and chain, future... My home. Dead and gone, the one that got away, as if being hunted. "You, me, and everything caught in the fire." Me and You and Everyone We Know. Everything must go. Tear it all down and grow something new in its place. "The street finds its own uses for things." "I can see me drowning, caught in the fire." Moses looked at the promised land, Hardy looked at heaven's gate. The land seemed to speak, saying Not for you. And yet, "you are what you love, not what loves you." At the end he finds peace. "He loved Big Brother." The TV show? "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Care about someone else for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and/or commenting. Anything you have to say is especially appreciated.