Friday, January 26, 2018

"Karma Police"

"History repeats ... first as tragedy, then as farce." The thought of myths as perfection, blame all the problems on kids these days. One thought on The Lobster*: people take over karma and they muck it up. On screen, the karma police oppress the unattached; in life, they attack the whistle blower who "buzzes like a fridge." People are abused or abased, but hey, make fun of their "Hitler hairdo." Lock her up. It's always a slippery slope, because no one wants to look for safe handholds. Your support, "it's not enough," it must be unequivocal. "I've given all I can." "Then kill yourself," Obierika says. You're "still on the payroll." If only, "for a minute," if only. "How am I not myself?"

*not my idea, but a friend's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and/or commenting. Anything you have to say is especially appreciated.